Sunday, November 2, 2008

When Will It End?


Shortly after the "26.2 with Donna - The National Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer", I started this blog. It was a spin-off from my original blog "Running Geezer". I wanted to bring attention to this marathon, the fight against breast cancer and my dear friend Donna.

As Donna has progressed in her fight, the posts have had a more positive theme. In fact Donna e-mailed me today to say she competed in a 5K. Next week she has a 10K on her schedule as she makes progress toward the half-marathon on February 15, 2009, in Jacksonville Beach, FL.

There is a line from a movie, "Just when you thought it was safe......" that another dose of reality reared its ugly head. I learned a few days ago that another friend of mine Joan, was diagnosed with breast cancer. The "Pink Bandanna" is going into overtime to continue to spread the word. More miles to be run, more tears to be shed.

I am using a different version of my "Imagine" photo. I took these photos last year about this time when I was in New York City for the NYC Marathon. The "Imagine" mosaic is located in the Strawberry Fields section of Central Park. It is of course a memorial to John Lennon.

Please help by supporting the "26.2 with Donna". You don't have to be a runner, you can be a contributor without breaking a sweat. If you are a runner, we hope that you will sign up to run this incredible event. There are many Donna's and Joan's out there who need your help and support.

Prayer's & Love.

3 comments:

Donna N. said...

I'm not quite sure how many visit this wonderful blog. Maybe lots of you visit but just never write. That's ok, you don't have to write. BUT I am asking you, no, I think I'm begging you to PLEASE support The 26.2 with Donna Marathon. We all love to run and we all run for different reasons. This reason is SO very important. This hideous disease affects so many. WE CAN BEAT THIS!! With the help of research at the Mayo Clinic (where the 26.2 with Donna dollars go) we can end this disease. And then there will be no more Donna's, or Joan's, or Jodi's, or Wendy's, or Mom's, or Sister's, or wive's who have to go through this. PLEASE sign up today. And then we'll be able to tell Jim when he asks "When Will it End?" We'll be able to say, "TODAY!!!"

ShirleyPerly said...

Oh, so sorry to hear another friend has been diagnosed with breast cancer. But wonderful to hear that Donna is back to running. Looking forward to seeing you both in February!

spyder said...

This blog was so good. I wish I could have the same. The pictures were all nice! Good job! Keep it up.