Monday, July 21, 2008

"Bandanna" Visits New York!


We took our show on the road to Utica, New York and located Daria decked out in her "26.2 with Donna" race shirt. Daria is a regular visitor to "The Pink Bandanna" and has been a contributor with her comments. She ran the inaugural race this past February.

Back in April when I told her I would be running the "Boilermaker 15K" in Utica, she told me that was her home town. We made plans to meet at the expo on Saturday before the race. She told me to look for her in her "Donna" shirt. Having never met her the shirt was going to be the beacon. Right on time I saw her approaching. Of course we had to have pictures taken and talk about the upcoming "26.2 with Donna". Daria has already signed up for the race in February.

Please join us in Jacksonville Beach on February 15, 2009.

2 comments:

Daria said...

Jim..it was such a pleasure to finally meet you.When I thought about what to wear so that you would recognize me-- what better than the 26.2 with Donna shirt. After all this site is where I "met" another Boilermaker runner. Could you imagine if there were more people with a 26.2 with Donna shirts on? That would have been great because it would have meant that the information about the inaugural race had already spread so far north.
I always tell people about the race and encourage them to join us.
Can't wait for February!

ShirleyPerly said...

How wonderful to meet someone so far from home who's doing the race. Look forward to meeting her in February!