Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The "Bandanna" Rests


I was never in doubt as to which shirt I would wear during the running of the Boilermaker 15K. As for the pink bandanna, it proudly took it's place upon my head. As you know from previous posts to the blog, I wear it for my dear friend Donna who is currently battling breast cancer.

The Boilermaker 15K, was a fun race again this year. This is the third consecutive year I have run the race. My nephew Jim, aka blog "Runner's Anonymous", and I took on the challenge of the hills in Central New York. I am proud to say that he and I both achieved PR's in the 15K and my niece Eileen, PR'd in the 5K! Both of them are planning to be in Jacksonville Beach in February. As mentioned in the previous post, Daria ran the 15K as well.

I had a few runners stop me after the race to inquire about the "26.2 with Donna". I told them to check out the website and be sure to register! We are still a long way from February 2009, but now is the time to spread the word and get the registrations coming in. Please join us!

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Looks like you were a running advertisement for the race! Congrats to everyone on their Boilermaker race results.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful thoughts. All of the people Andrea touched can now continue to be inspired by your words. Blessings to you & your family.