Saturday, August 2, 2008

Time for Celebration!


The very happy lady in the photo is "Bandanna" staff member Donna. The ceremony was held to celebrate the successful completion of her radiation treatment. We all remember when she informed us that she had breast cancer in November 2008, there were no smiles that day. No matter how tough things get, Donna always has that radiant smile and positive attitude. She informed us that she will begin her training for "26.2 with Donna" very shortly. She is already registered and will be starting with us on February 15, 2009.

Come on, what are you waiting for? Register today for "26.2 with Donna - The National Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer".

4 comments:

Daria said...

What a wonderful smile....and a great reason to smile.
It's people like you who will motivate us to take every step---when the going gets tough, the "tough" keep us going.
Hope to meet you in Feb.

ShirleyPerly said...

Terrific news!!!

She is like a shiny bright star and a huge inspiration to me. I look forward to seeing her soon either at the store or at a training run!

Donna N. said...

Thank you everyone who has visited the Pink Bandanna Blog. Your thoughts and prayers have helped me through the toughest thing I have ever had to go through. At the end of this month I will start training for 26.2 with Donna. I pray these legs will get me there. : ) Now let's get everyone on board to support this noble cause. Donna Deegan is a beacon of hope for all those touched by breast cancer. Let's show her our thanks by signing up and running this race. God Bless you all.

Jim said...

If you can get through what you just did, the marathon will be "a walk in the park", or on the beach! You have been an inspiration to me and many others. I have drawn strength from thinking of that smile and knowing you were at the finish line. The energy from that pink bandanna is real! God Bless You my Friend!